Always, when we start learning a new language, we start with a helloWorld program. A HelloWorld program just contains a simple code to say A hello within the system/environtment. So, We start our Android Learning with creating A helloWorld Program.
Below a step by step creating a helloWorld Program:
- Open up a Command Prompt window, go to the directory prepared for this (assume trial) and create workspace for HelloWord, code below:
d:\trial>activityCreator --out HelloWorld com.mylearn.HelloWorld
This command will create a directory under HelloWorld under trial, the HelloWorld directory contains some files and directory :
src\ contains source code for HelloWord
bin\ contains binary/intermediate code will be installed on the
device/emulator, initialize empty first
res\ contains resource file
build.xml information for building the program
- change to HelloWorld directory, and compile the program using ant
- Start Android Emulator, you can issue the command to start Android Emulator from command line using command like this :
Android Emulator show up, initialize everything, and ready to use.
- Transfer the HelloWorld Program that has been compiled using adb tools command:
d:\trial\helloworld\>adb install bin\helloworld.apk
if the process running successfully, than we can access helloworld program from the emulator.
- Go to Application folder on the emulator, and there exist helloworld icon. click the icon, and the HelloWorld Program will show up.