We can use the power of Eclipse IDE to code in Android Platform. What we need is just Android Plugins for Eclipse and Eclipse itself. Below, step by step to use eclipse and Android plugin:
- Download Eclipse europe from this Eclipse Download Site (www.eclipse.org/downloads)
- Install Eclipse, for windows version you just extract the zip file into destination folders.
- Download Androiod plugins for eclipse
- Run Eclipse IDE
- Choose Menu : Help->Software Updates->Find and Install
- Choose "Search for new features to install" radiobutton and click next button
- Press "New Local Site" button and specify the directory where Android Plugin has been extracted.
- Press OK button
- if it is found than "Sites to include search" will contains "Android/android_eclipse_plugin_adt.x.x.x"
- Press "Finish" button
- The Series of dialogs to install the plugins will show up, just press next button and agree with the agreement (if you have read the agreement and want to agree) and press finish at last. Eclipse need to restart when this instalation has finish.
- When we are asked the Android SDK directory, just choose Windows->Preference, and choose the Android preference, point to Android SDK Folder just before the tools directory under the Folder.
- The Eclipse ready to use for Android Programming.